Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spoonflower: DIY Fabrics

I mentioned this on my Gstudio blog, but its worth repeating here, simply because its such a cool idea. If you love to sew, and have a knack for illustration, or graphics, and if you ever wished you could get your designs on fabric, Spoonflower provides a way to do it yourself (DIY), and for a relatively low cost per yard. You can even sell your designs on the Spoonflower website if you choose. Their method is a large digital printer that prints your design on fabric, similar to the way your inkjet printer works at home. You can get all the details on the Spoonflower website. I've already started to design some prints for custom fabrics to use in my Gstudio bags! Once I do a test, I'll let you know how it came out, and add any new tips I find about the process. Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment